Thursday, July 12, 2012

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.
Henry David Thoreau



I am driving my husband crazy.  It's not intentional, and he doesn't complain, but I know I am doing it.  


I have been trying to decide the best course of action.  Currently, I'm on contract at a hospital that I REALLY like, and making good money for once.  Of course, the events in my life of the past few years, well....I've got QUITE the hole to dig out of.  


I have dug myself out of deep financial holes before, and I can do it again...but I'm a bit PISSED that I have to do it again in the first place.  


So, now, I am trying to decide whether I should:


A) Keep working as a travel RN, taking contracts all over the country.  The wages vary with each contract, but this is what I REALLY want to keep doing.  I love the freedom of going different places, meeting new people.  I want to experience new places with my new husband.


B) If I keep traveling, decide where "home base" is going to be.  This is a harder decision that you'd think.  Currently, I am a resident of North Dakota.  Being a resident of North Dakota, my RN license has compact status, which allows me to work in 25+ states without having to apply for THOSE licenses.  If I decide to officially relocate to California, I have to lose compact status, which means I will have to apply for each state license individually, which is expensive and time consuming.  


C) Settle here in California.  Take a full time job and find a house and be here.  I like this hospital, and I have given remaining here a lot of consideration.  I like being in California, and having a consistent paycheck would be a plus...


My mind has been changing rapidly over the past few weeks.  I will make a decision, Dan will think it's settled, and then I will second guess myself and make a different decision.  


I know what I want to do.  I just don't know that it's the RIGHT decision, financially.  


My husband supports whatever I want to do.  I just need to make a decision and stick to it.  Poor guy.  

1 comment:

  1. You have such an awesome husband.

    And you'll figure out the right thing for you. /hugs

    ReplyDelete