Sunday, October 9, 2011

Gratitude

Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.

I have been feeling particularly blessed lately.  Thankful beyond words.  This is a new feeling for me, one I am definitely not used to experiencing on a regular basis. 

A few months ago, I couldn't imagine feeling this way.  My outlook was...bleak, to say the least.  I have always tried to look at events in my life as lessons, regardless if they were good or bad experiences, every thing is an opportunity to learn and grow.  But, that pain...I never thought anything good would come from THAT. 

While now, I can look upon it and say with certainty that I learned a valuable lesson...I never, ever want to experience that again. 

Today, 5 or so months later, I wake up in the mornings with a smile, I say a little thank you before I get out of bed.  I am home near my family again, I have a great job with amazing coworkers, I have an apartment that I am quite fond of (and will really love once I get..you know...furniture and stuff)...and I am entering into a new relationship with someone who makes me laugh daily, who makes me feel special, and I have good friends surrounding me.  My life, IS truly blessed.  I feel peaceful, and content. 

I can't wait to really get going in my new life.  I finally feel like I have the potential to do much, and nothing holding me back.  I'm no longer mired down in my worries of the day...of every day.  I limited myself so much, because I didn't feel good enough to do what I wanted to.  I still have those moments, but they're coming farther and fewer between now. 

My life is going to be an adventure, and I cannot wait. 

No comments:

Post a Comment