Saturday, January 7, 2012

The First Day...

      Find a guy who calls you beautiful instead of hot, who calls you back when you hang up on him, who will lie under the stars and listen to your heartbeat, or will stay awake just to watch you sleep... wait for the boy who kisses your forehead, who wants to show you off to the world when you are in sweats, who holds your hand in front of his friends, who thinks you're just as pretty without makeup on. One who is constantly reminding you of how much he cares and how lucky he is to have you.... The one who turns to his friends and says, 'that's her.'

So, I found my guy.  The guy that calls me beautiful.  The boy that kisses my forehead.  The guy who states daily that he is so lucky...The guy that loves his geeky girl so much that he wants to take her to SDCC and show her off as proof that there IS indeed someone out there for everyone...nevermind that she is technically one of them and really doesn't count as anything that impressive...in her mind, at least. 

I found my guy, and I've never been happier in my entire life.  I finally feel complete...like I've found my home.  I'm loving this feeling. 

The past year of my life has been topsy turvy, to say the least.  Many parts of it were utterly hellish, and while a valuable lesson or two were taken away...I never want to experience some of those sensations again.  But...the bad...the bad doesn't even begin to compare to the good. 

I married the best man I have ever met on New Years Day.  It was a "Las Vegas" wedding, quite literally a walk-up...but still completely PERFECT.  I would not have done it any other way.  And, in choosing New Years Day to be our wedding day...yeah, the perfect choice to be our First Day.

He really is the other half of me.  We often say the same thing at the same time...think the same things, even make the same gestures at the same times on occasion.   I found a man who compliments my personality, who is the piece that I really didn't know was missing, until I met him.  It's something special to be able to progress from friends to something more, and I am thrilled that this is the way our relationship progressed. 

To me, he is perfect.  He is everything I want.  I feel content.  :) 

Thank you, Daniel.  My husband.  For making me so incredibly happy. 

2 comments:

  1. So happy for you, my friend! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES!!!!! I'm beyond happy for you and Daniel...many, many years of love and happiness to you. My heart smiles for you :)

    ReplyDelete